If you are going through a dissolution of marriage and you have a minor child from your marriage, you will be required to submit your proposed parenting plan to the court.

Parenting plans govern parental responsibility for your child, a time-sharing schedule, and other matters such as your child’s education, extracurricular activities, and communication with each parent.

The court will establish a parenting plan for you if you and your spouse are unable to reach an agreement or if you and your spouse’s agreement is not in the best interests of your minor child. This may lead to an unfavorable result for both you and your spouse. Thus, it is generally in the best interest of each party to have a competent family law attorney negotiate a parenting plan that is best for everyone.

More on this topic on our Time-sharing & Parenting Plans page

About Richard Knellinger

The Law Office of Knellinger, Jacobson & Associates provides legal advice and representation for individuals, entrepreneurs, and business owners in Gainesville, Florida, and communities throughout north central Florida, including cities such as Ocala, Starke, Palatka, Lake City, Middleburg, Trenton, Bronson, Lake Butler, Cross City, Williston, Chiefland, Alachua, Jasper, Live Oak, and Jacksonville, Florida.

Alachua County ● Putnam County ● Clay County ● Bradford County ● Union County ● Columbia County ● Gilchrist County ● Levy County ● Marion County ● Hamilton County ● St. Johns County ● Dixie County